What is Far Infrared Sauna Heater Technology?
Infrared light forms a part of the sun's invisible spectrum of light. The benefits of Far-infrared light are manifested in its ability to penetrate human tissue. Infrared heater technology uses these Far-infrared light characteristics to provide you with several health benefits. The experience of using a Far infrared sauna is akin to sunbathing, providing the radiant beauty and benefits of sunlight in the comfort of your own home. The Far-infrared heat (Far-infrared light waves) that our range of saunas provide penetrates your skin, generating the natural wonderful warmth of the sun without the dangers exposure to direct sunlight holds. Unlike sunbathing, you can relax in a Far infrared sauna for hours and it will never cause your skin to burn. Infrared heater technology is completely healthy and safe for all living things, however we believe the benefits of our range of Far infrared sauna's speak for themselves.
Infrared light is divided into 3 segments by wavelengths, measured in microns; 0.76~1.5 microns – near ; 1.5~5.6 microns -middle ; 5.6~1000 microns-far infrared. Among these segments, only far infrared penetrates organic substances such as the human body by two to three inches so that the warming effect is experienced in a uniform and comfortable manner.
The benefits that exposure to far infrared holds for the human body are best detailed by The Chinese Studies Report of the Positive Effects of Infrared Heat:
Researchers report an over 90% success rate in a summary of Chinese studies that assessed the effects of infrared heat therapy on:
•Soft tissue injuries
•Periarthritis of the shoulder
•Pain during menstruation
•Eczema with infection
•Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
•Frostbite with inflammation
The report details some of the other benefits use of a Far Infrared Sauna can hold for the human body:
1. Reduces Stress - Infrared heat therapy loosens muscles and relaxes the body prior to a massage. Many massage therapists use infrared heat to provide thorough and effective treatment.
2. Benefits to Human Skin - Infrared heat improves blood circulation, expels impurities and removes dead cells from the surface of our skins. All of these benefits lead to a soft and firm complexion, smooth and supple skin through the clearing of blocked pores and can even reduce the age old problem of wrinkles associated with the aging process.
3. Expulsion of Unhealthy Toxins / Detoxification - Toxins such as sodium, alcohol, nicotine, carcinogenic heavy metals (cadmium, lead, zinc, nickel) and mercury accumulate in the body during modern daily life. Infrared heat therapy stimulates sweat glands to cleanse and detoxify skin.
4. Pain Relief - FIR heat relieves pain by expanding blood vessels and increasing circulation. Effective blood circulation enables more oxygen to reach injured areas of the body and assists in reducing pain as well as speed up the healing process. Many people use FIR heat as a successful treatment for arthritis, muscle spasms and rheumatism.
5. Weight Control - Perspiring is part of the complex thermo regulatory process of the body that increases heart rate, cardiac output, and metabolic rate. This process requires a large amount of energy and reduces excess moisture, salt and subcutaneous fat. Fat becomes soluble water at 42℃ when the human body sweats out fats and toxins.
6. Strengthening of Immune System - During a fever, the body heats up to eliminate viruses and attack foreign agents. Subsequently, through exposure to FIR, the body wards off invading organisms much more easily because the immune system is activated consistently by the "artificial fever" induced by exposure. Recent studies have also shown that colds and flu-like illnesses are reduced dramatically if treated in the early stages with FIR heat therapy.
7. Providing the Same Effects of Exercise – The heart receives a similar workout to, and the body perspires the same amount during a 20 – 30 minute FIR sauna session than what it would during an 8 kilometer run. Infrared saunas are ideal for those individuals who do not have time for regular exercise or suffer from injuries that inhibit rigorous activity.
How safe is it?
One of Far-Infrared light's characteristics is the ability to easily penetrate human tissue. When this happens, it creates a natural resonance, which has many beneficial properties. The Far-Infrared heat (Far-infrared light waves) penetrates human skin, resulting in wonderful natural warmth.
As a true testament to the safety the use of FIR saunas hold, Far-infrared heating is used in hospitals to warm new-born infants.
How does it work?
A Hotwind far infrared sauna is an integrated, multifunctional and deluxe facility for medical care and recreation, which incorporates the advantages of both sunbathing and traditional saunas all in one. Far infrared rays are our saunas major source of energy. The wavelength of far infrared rays is 5.6-15 which is so close to the body's own radial that it can be absorbed easily. Far infrared rays can penetrate 40mm deep into human skin, enabling the recipient to receive an infrared massage, making cell tissues resonant, accelerate blood circulation and eliminate blood impurities, resulting in both a bio-thermal effect and physical effect. The various health benefits of our FIR saunas remain unchallenged.